The church of St Leonard
The church of St Leonard in Old Warden is situated off Church Lane to the north of the main hamlet of Old Warden. Parking is available in the church car park.
Originally associated with nearby Warden Abbey there is evidence of the existence of the church in documents from 1135 and there is some Norman work in the lower part of the tower. The church consists of a nave, chancel, south aisle and porch, west tower and vestry to the north of the chancel.
The church is predominantly built of brown cobbles with limestone facings although extensive portions have been restored using red bricks, notably in the south aisle.