Sir Nicholas Pedley built Tetworth Hall in 1710 for his son John, who was MP for Huntingdonshire between 1706 and 1708. The Hall is a two-storey red brick mansion in the Queen Anne style, with Corinthian columns framing the doorway.
In 1726 it was purchased by Edward Harley, 2nd Earl of Oxford, and by 1740 the estate was owned by 1st Earl Hardwicke and Lord Chancellor.
A service wing was added to the house in the late 18th century, along with a cottage and stables. This is also when the park, formal gardens and woodland walk were laid out.
During World War II the hall was requisitioned by the British Army, and German and Italian prisoners-of-war were held in the grounds. There may also have been a link with the secret operations going on at nearby Tempsford Airfield, though this is not confirmed.
The estate was again sold in 2008 and today the estate is a mixture of let farms and in-hand land, combined with extensive woodland, totalling an area of just over 1,800 acres and including three farmhouses, 13 cottages, and an established pheasant shoot.