Resilient Habitats in Greensand Country: Virtual Conference
Friday 05th November 2021 09:30 - 13:00
ONLINE EVENT ONLY
Over the past 5 years the Greensand Country Landscape Partnership has funded and supported a range of habitat creation and enhancement projects, delivered by community groups, conservation charities, farmers and landowners. As the Partnership seeks to transition from the National Lottery Heritage Fund support towards delivering the vision set out in our exciting new Forward Plan, we invite you to join us for this half-day conference chaired by Bedfordshire Local Nature Partnership chairman Dr Paul Leinster CBE. We will begin the process of mapping out actions to build on these foundations and continuing a partnership approach to protecting and enhancing our special habitats across Greensand Country, and ensuring they are more resilient in the face of the many challenges ahead.
Everyone with an interest in the natural environment of the Greensand Country area is welcome.
- Keynote: Protecting and enhancing the environment: The need for a plan: Dr Paul Leinster CBE, Chair of the Bedfordshire Local Nature Partnership
- The Nature Recovery Network: Patrick Welsh, Senior Advisor, Natural England
- The Farming Perspective: Oliver Rubinstein, NFU County Advisor
- Greensand Soils – A Precious Resource: Professor Jane Rickson, Cranfield University
Workshop topics will be:
- Access & Nature
- Resilience in the face of climate change
- Nature Recovery in Greensand Country
- Engaging farmers and landowners
This is a Virtual Conference, which is FREE to attend but places must be booked