Mansion House, Old Warden Park
Old Warden Park lies 10km south-east of Bedford, on the east edge of the village of Old Warden.
The park is located off Hill Road, to the east of Old Warden.
The closest section of the Greensand Ridge Walk is at Northill, approximately two and a half miles north of the Mansion House.
The Greensand Cycle Route passes close to the site, to the east of Old Warden village.
The mansion house, which is Grade II* listed, was built by Henry Clutton between 1875 and 1780, for Joseph Shuttleworth. The building is a three-storey, Tudor-style, ashlar stone house and is situated towards the centre of the park, replacing an earlier house on the same site. It is dominated by a massive four-stage clock tower on the north-east corner, with a brick service wing attached to the east side of the house.
The stable block and coach house (listed Grade II), lie 50 metres east of the house, and are in French Gothic style, built of yellow brick with stone dressings. The buildings, arranged in U-plan around a courtyard are of one storey with attics, entered through a round-headed archway within a low tower at the west corner of the south wing.
The house is open to the public on selected event dates, including six Sunday airshows and Flying Proms, and the surrounding buildings now form part of Shuttleworth College.