Heritage Open Days in Greensand Country
This September, you can explore many of the fascinating historic sites within Greensand Country– all for FREE and some that are not open the rest of the year!
Heritage Open Days is England’s largest festival of history and culture, which takes place from 8th-17th September. Across the 10 days, you have the chance to explore some of the area’s historic gems, see history come to life on a guided walk and learn all about the amazing heritage and culture across Greensand Country.
- ‘Woburn Artists and Artisans’ exhibition at Woburn Heritage Centre
- Open Day, Bike ‘n Hike, and Ride ‘n Stride at St James Church Husborne Crawley
- Houghton House Tour
- Ailesbury Mausoleum and Crypt Tour
- Jordan’s Mill Tour Experience
- ‘Canvas and Words’ exhibition at Trinity Methodist Church
- Why our Greensand church is uniquely still Green!
- Fuller’s Earth Walk at Woburn Sands
- Bow Brickhill Church and Tower Open Day
- Ridgmont Station Heritage Centre Open Days
Head to the Heritage Open Days website and use their interactive map to see what’s taking place near you to get involved.
Please note: some events require advance booking – please check the Heritage Open Days website for details.